Transfer to University of Pikeville from another U.S. school. 

After being admitted to a new school through the normal admissions process, international students must then request a transfer of their SEVIS record from the previous school to UPIKE. Check in with the UPIKE Office of International Students and Scholar Services or international advisors at both the previous school and UPIKE to make sure the F-1 transfer is handled in compliance with established rules.

Eligibility - F-1 Students
An F-1 student is eligible to transfer to the University of Pikeville if he/she is in valid F-1 status at the time of transfer. There can be no more than a five-month gap between schools from the last date of attendance or the last day of Optional Practical Training (OPT), whichever is later. The deadline for F-1 students to request a transfer is 60 days after the program completion date or OPT end date, whichever is later.

Steps to Transfer to University of Pikeville:
  1. Notify the international student advisor at your current school that you intend to transfer to the University of Pikeville. The advisor will enter a SEVIS Release Date into your record. On this date, your SEVIS record will transfer to the University of Pikeville via the internet via SEVIS database automatically. The release date is usually the last day of enrollment at your current school.
  2. Upload the required documents including passport and proof of funding (financial affidavit). F-1 students will receive a transfer I-20 from University of Pikeville within a few weeks following their transfer release date.
  3. Complete your mandatory arrival confirmation to the UPIKE Office of International Students and Scholar Services.
  4. Pay your tuition fees and update your local U.S. address no later than 15 days after the first day of classes in order to complete your transfer. If you have difficulty with this process, consult the UPIKE Office of International Students and Scholar Services before the 15-day deadline.
  5. F-1 students will be issued a second completed transfer I-20 and notified by email to pick it up in International Office. This second I-20 is proof that your transfer has been completed successfully.

Traveling between schools
Transfer students may travel and re-enter the U.S. any time between school programs. However, transfer students must re-enter with their University of Pikeville I-20 and not the previous school’s document. F-1 students must have valid visa stamps to re-enter the U.S. F-1 students can use a valid visa stamp issued for their pre-University of Pikeville as long as the SEVIS ID number remains the same.

Transfer From University of Pikeville
If you are planning to leave University of Pikeville to go to another U.S. school, you must request a “transfer out” from the UPIKE Office of International Students and Scholar Services. The DSO who signed your I-20 in ISS will release your SEVIS record to the new school. The date of your release depends on your program status. For more information, contact ISS.
There has never been a better time to be a UPIKE Bear! APPLY NOW
UPike Tigers